Get hygge with it!
Hygge is sometimes translated as “cozy,” but a better definition of hygge is “intentional intimacy,” which can happen when you have safe, balanced, and harmonious shared experiences. Sitting in front of a camp fire would qualify. Or settling in to watch your favorite Netflix flicks.
Researchers have understood that embracing coziness and life’s little pleasures an improve overall happiness. When you are cozy and comfy, you often time are in a mood for gratefulness. Being grateful andmindful is great for our souls!
Nowadays, hygge has taken the world by storm—Amazon now sells more than 900 plus books on hygge, and Instagram has over 3 million posts with the hashtag #hygge. Cleary, people are seeking ways to be more happy these days.
The benefit of Hygge
Why? Meik Wiking, CEO of the Happiness Research Institute and author of “The Little Book of Hygge,” believes that this Danish concept is likely the reason Denmark is the happiest country in the world according to the UN’s World Happiness Report (and also the happiest country in Europe according to the European Social Survey). We focus on the little things that truly matter, including spending more quality time with friends and family and enjoying the good things in life.” Says Wiking.
In order to enjoy a comfy atmosphere, you must eliminate clutter and create a mindful home. It is much easier to take time to meditate and feed your soul in a clutter free environment. It’s all about creating a mindful space.
Gal Pal's Top Ten Cozy Items
NEST Fragrances Reed Diffusers are carefully crafted with the highest quality fragrance oils and are designed to continuously fill any space with a lush, memorable fragrance. The alcohol-free formula releases fragrance slowly and evenly into the air for approximately 90 days. – Size: 5.9 oz. – Scent: Orange Blossom – Fragrance Notes: orange blossom, orchid, tiare flower and freesia are combined with tangerine, lemon and musk
3. UGG Valencia Throw – 50″ x 60″ – Seal
4. GRIFFEN CASHMERE Pointelle Cashmere Texture Shoulder Sweater
8 more ways to get cozy
- Embrace self-care. curl up in a comfy chair with a warm blanket, a book or your journal, and a sweet treat if you want one. What makes you happy?
- Create a cozy atmosphere. Create a mindful environment with candles, music, fire in the fireplace. Get rid of clutter.
- Cuddle.Cuddling boosts feel-good oxytocin, the “cuddle hormone.” Wrap yourself in a cozy blanket, bamboo sheets or a cashmere sweater.
- Slow down.If you allow yourself to slow down, you’ll relax your physiology and reduce your adrenal stress responses. Try meditation.
- Dab on soothing essential oils
- Cook or bake something you love to eat
- Cozy up with a great book
- Buy Flowers that smell lovely
- Relax and watch the top Netflix flicks for women
Let me know if you try any of these hand picked items. We would love your feedback.
Go make a fire, light a candle and snuggle up with a cozy blanket. It’s actually good for you… as if you really need a good reason. ha ha
<a href=”http://test.skimlinks.com”>Skimlinks Test</a>