Foolproof Iced Sugar Cookie Recipe-Valentines Day
It’s almost Galentine’s Day and Valentine’s Day – let’s make some cookies
Who doesn’t like a simple fresh baked soft sugar cookies with the mouth watering icing? It’s fun to make cookies for friends and Gal Pals, teachers and neighbors. This easy recipe makes two dozen cookies so you may want to double the recipe if you plan on gifting any cookies. The cookies bake beautifully and have a soft center, yummy!
The sugar cookie dough is nearly foolproof if you follow the directions carefully. I have provided two types of icing/frosting depending on your preference. My kids have always like a thicker type of cookie icing/frosting. I think cookies decorated with a royal icing are so pretty and delicate. It’s up to you!
These cookies freeze well, see freezing tips below.
Here is what you will need to make perfect sugar cookies:
- High quality cookie Sheets
- Rolling Pin
- Food Coloring: Liquid food coloring can alter the consistency of the icing, so I recommend gel food coloring. For the pictured cookies,
- Piping Tips/Squeeze Bottle:
- Piping Bag: If you’re using royal icing and a piping tip, you need a disposable bag for this technique.
- Cookie Sheets
- Mixer– I prefer my Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
- Measuring Cup and spoons
- Mixing Bowls
What I look For A Good Sugar Cookie Recipe:
- Cookies that are easy to cut with cookie cutters
- Soft, thick centers with slightly crisp edges
- Irresistible buttery vanilla flavor with a zest of lemon
- Taste delish with or without icing
- Bake flat for easy icing
- Stay soft for days
- Freeze beautifully
- Delish with or without icing
If you like this recipe, you may also like my favorite pumpkin bread recipe here.