20 THINGS TO UNLEASH IN 2020
Get Rid Of Baggage, Barriers, Poor Habits
Emotions & Some People
I’d rather not think of starting the new year with resolutions, I would rather consider starting the new year- fresh by prioritizing what’s important, setting goals and getting rid of baggage that is weighing me down. Embrace change, it’s good for all of us. We have listed 20 things to unleash in 2020 so you can live your best life and be the best you can be.
If you think about it, all of us carry baggage from our previous life, failures, commitments, barriers, emotions and people. Life is short guys! It’s time to say goodbye to the people and things that hold us back from enjoying life and being the best we can be. Unleash the things holding you back. Let’s kick that crap to the curb! How many times have you told yourself that you can’t find time for a vacation or with loved ones because you are too busy? You don’t have time to get healthy and fit because you have too many chores to do. Enough!
It’s impossible to move forward in life if you are dragging around baggage and excuses everywhere you go. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start to look at all the blessings in your life. Life is tough y’all. This past year was a good example of that. Too many of my friends lost their parents, siblings, friends and worst of all their children. I can tell you that each one of these friends would tell you to stop and spend more time with loved ones. Quit worrying about the little things and be more mindful and grateful for your blessings.
In 2020, let go of baggage and negative attachments to what you’ve been doing for the past year, or years. Let go of failures. Let go of fears you’ve built up. Let go of reluctance. Let go of your ideas about what your life should look like. Let go of long-held beliefs and habits. This is hard I know, but the first step is to be aware of what is holding you back from enjoying the life that God has given you.
20 Things To Unleash In 2020
1. Mistakes. Forgive yourself — it’s time. Don’t let them dominate your future.
2. The People Who Are Superficial. Meaningful friendships and relationships require substance. Get rid of the toxic insecure materialistic airheads in your life and focus on the authentic ones. Ok… at least keep your distance!
3. The People Who Lied To You. Forgive them then move on. Keep your distance.
4. The Idea That Success Is A Checklist Of A Career, House, Bank Account, Car, or Significant Other.
5. The Fear Of Change. Embrace Change And See Where It Takes You.
6. Other People’s Criticism And Judgement. It’s your life, with your goals and your ideas– nobody else’s. So ignore them and live your life how you see fit.
7. Your Social Media Status. Nobody cares how many likes, comments, or followers you have on Instagram. Share your life, but do it for you. Be your own authentic self.
8. Anything That Is not Evident Of Your Authentic Self. Clothes, habits, behaviors. Toss them. Be you, 100% you, with everyone you meet. Own yourself. Those who don’t appreciate that shouldn’t be in your life, anyway.
9. Being Comfortable. Nobody ever did anything great by doing the same thing over and over. Anything good comes from hard work and being open minded. Remember when you coast it’s all down hill…. never uphill.
10. Worrying About Things You Can’t Control. Learn to leave things up to trust and knowing that things will work out as they need to. This doesn’t mean be reckless, just that you don’t need to control everything, person and detail.
11. Stop Measuring Yourself To Others – This is a big one. So often we are looking at others and using what they have, do or are to compare it against us and make up a story. This whole game can make us sad or feel down about ourselves or it can feed our ego in a big way. Let it go, respect everyone’s journey, including your own and stop the need to compare yourself to others.
12. Stop Procrastinating – This one goes with everything on the list. Stop putting it all off. Whatever it may be. The changes listed above, the hobby you want to, the career you want to explore, or the thing you want to tell to someone important to you. Stop putting it off and just do it!
13. Let Go Of The Past. You can’t change the past so move on. Yes, bad stuff happens, but you can’t change the past… but you can try to change your future.
14. Choose Less Over More. Do you ever go shopping when you are feeling down? More things do not equal happiness. Most of the time less is better than more. Keep your life simple. The more things and stuff, the more complicated and more work. Get rid of things you are not using and donate them so others can use them.
15. Self Doubt. Stop questioning yourself and start a new habit of positive self-talk. Every time you doubt yourself….Tell yourself you can do this. You got this!
16. Bottling Up Your Emotions- The emotions you keep inside will explode if you don’t let them go. Think of it like a bottle of champagne that is opened. Talk to a friend, a therapist. Write in a journal or just go outside and yell if you have to let things go. You will feel renewed and fresh if you let it go.
17. Unhealthy Habits- Only you know what these are. Is it having a glass of wine or two every night? Is it eating too much sugar? Avoiding the gym? Not getting enough sleep? Whatever it is, focus on one unhealthy habit at a time not all of them.
18. Fear Of Failure- In order to make positive changes in your life, you have to let go of your fear of failure. It will hold you back from life in general. You will never try new things if you are worried about failing. Remember that we always want our kids to fail because they learn and grow from failure right? We are no different.
19. Saying Yes Too Too Much- Just stop and learn how to say NO sometimes. If you really don’t want to do something or you want to but your plate is over flowing, just say no. It’s okay. The more you learn to do this, the better you will feel and the easier it will be to manage your life.
20. Your Attachment To Your Phone. Yes, I went there. I am so guilty of this one. I panic when I can’t find my phone. It; s hard to believe I grew up without a phone attached to me. I was happier living without constantly checking my phone. Go for a walk every day without your phone. Every time you leave your phone behind, you will start to feel a sense of freedom. Believe me it works! Stop Texting And Driving- All know all of us do this at some point, just stop, it’s so dangerous and we all know this. Make a conscious decision to put your phone down when you are driving.