This is such a fun recipe for the 4th of July! Easy the make and very festive too. If you need to bring a desert to a party on the 4th, consider bringing this show stopper. The kids love it too.
Try decorating the berries with different types of sprinkles. It makes a fun project for your kids too.
- 1 quart large whole strawberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Blue sanding sugar, sprinkles, or glitter
This recipe can be made a day in advance
- Start with lining a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Pour blue sanding sugar or blue sprinkles into a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium-sized, microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power. Heat it in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals until chocolate is smooth. When chocolate is smooth add shortening and stir until smooth.
- Now dip each berry 2/3 of the way up into the chocolate. Dip the tips into the blue sugar, and place on parchment paper. Lay on the paper until they harden, if necessary, put them in the refrigerator until set.