I don’t know about you but I love pumpkin anything. This recipe is moist and infused with maple flavor, packed with yummy warm spices so delicious that it’s bound to become a fan favorite. This bread pairs well with a cup of coffee in the morning or a late afternoon snack.
The kids will love the maple flavor and you will feel good to know that this loaf contains one full can of pumpkin puree. That’s a whole lot of vitamins friends!
What makes this pumpkin bread healthy?
- It’s a great source of whole grains because you can use wheat pastry flour instead of regular, white refined flour for the perfect boost of fiber and whole grains.
- No sugar! Use pure maple syrup instead of refined sugars to naturally sweeten this bread.
- Dairy free. Substitute coconut oil or vegan butter instead of regular butter to keep the bread dairy free.
- If you use butter, consider browning the butter for a toasty, nutty flavor that adds amazing depth to this pumpkin bread.
- It’s packed with vitamins and fiber. The entire can of pumpkin puree is healthy because you’re getting a delicious source of vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Pure maple syrup: my favorite natural unrefined sweetener to use. If you don’t feel like using pure maple syrup, honey will also work well.
- Whole wheat pastry flour: this is one of my favorite whole grain flours to use because it keeps baked goods soft instead of dense. If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, you can use white whole wheat flour OR feel free to sub 1 cup all purpose flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour.