This addicting sweet and savory salad has an addicting crunch factor that will keep coming back for more. I love this Asian inspired recipe, and so does my family. It’s a meal in itself! If you have roasted chicken on hand, making this recipe is a snap!
- 3 c. finely chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 2 c. shredded red cabbage
- 2 c. shredded chicken-Leftover rotisserie chicken works perfect for this recipe
- 1/2 c. jarred mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 instant ramen packet, crushed (flavor packet discarded) broken up ramen—the cheap, dried stuff, not the fresh noodles that come refrigerated. Broken up, the crunchy, wavy noodles act as croutons.
- 1/2 c. shredded carrot
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2.5 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- Make salad: In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, red cabbage, chicken, mandarin oranges, crushed ramen noodles, carrots, green onions, and sliced almonds.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Slowly drizzle in vegetable oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Before serving, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine.